Wednesday 22 February 2012

Human Jabba

My runs have gradually gotten longer throughout training and currently are nearly all long. I still can't believe that back in October I was nearly dying after less than 5 minutes and now I'm running for two hours at a time or more. While it isn't always a breeze- I CAN do it. I was pretty certain at the beginning that this was a bit of a pipe dream and that I would NEVER get past 5 minutes let alone a 5k, then once I got past a 5k I thought a 10k would kill me. I read and heard from people about hitting a wall and was often discouraged, but now I feel like it is possible and I can't wait to cross that finish line! Don't get me wrong, I am still absolutely petrified of April 22nd, but I might actually be able to do this!

I recently found out I'm anemic- no biggy really, it just means my iron levels are low and therefore I have no energy and sleep all the time! This is slowly being fixed with daily iron supplements, however it has and is effecting my running. I have little energy to run and after my runs I can't do anything. Lying in bed with a cuppa is the most one can expect of me following any run let alone a 2-3hour bad boy. I am basically turned into a Human Jabba. I would encourage anyone who is feeling more sluggish or sleeping more than usual to visit their doctor, I kept dragging my feet until my friend made me go in. I am so thankful that I did and I am slowly becoming more energetic and focused. 


For those who don't know, I am running I am training for the London Marathon on April 22nd and I am running for Action Deafness and I am trying to raise  £2,500 for their very worthy cause. If you would like to donate please do so here. I am also sewing and selling kitschy, geeky crafts to support them. Please take a quick look and see if anything strikes your fancy. You can find them on etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment